Monday, January 11

debut and a li'l bit nostalgia

so i went out on a sunday night -- probably one of the better perks of being a fresh grad and having no job (as of yet!).
my boyfriend's cousin celebrated her debut in a local lounge/bar. the night was filled with good desserts, endless karaoke-ing, unlimited billiard games and one tequila shot (and yes, only one! hahaha!).
happy birthday to you!!!

unlimited billiards!

jose cuervo love :)

the debutante wanted us to wear something black and white so it was the perfect occasion for me to wear my new tunic/dress from forever21. it's from their twist collection and i ordered it last christmas when it was on sale for only $9.35 (that's with tax & free shipping).
outfit: forever21 dress, ardene tights, celine shoes

no other bright lighting than the washroom!

can i just say..
it's weird to be attending these debuts. it just reminds me of how old i am. i had mine a number of years back in the philippines. oh let me show you some nostalgic 'embarass myself' pictures!!!
my mom & i prepping for the event

this is my shrine! hahaha!
that cake was like a wedding cake!

it's quite evident what my color theme was, yes?

where do i even begin with this photo?
the pinkness, the shiny gown, the wedding-esque cake, my awkward body posture, the ancient digicam used.
hahahaha.. too nostalgic!
let's have a good laugh at this, shall we?


i used to remember that period when my friends were having their debuts one after another. every week there was a party to attend to. it was the perfect excuse to buy new clothes. it even got to a point that i had to attend 3 debuts in one night and in 3 locations that were so far apart. aaahhh!! the simple stressors of teenage years. i miss those days..

i was just telling my bf awhile ago about how his cousin's friends were like the 'new generation'. after a few karaoke songs and billiard games, i was done for the night. but the teens were pumped up the whole time! hahaha! i feel so old...

13 comments:

  1. looks like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you look so pretty!!!!! i love the white tunic! just out of my ignorance, what is a debut?! is it like a coming of age party thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, thats such a great buy from F21! i totally love the frills at the bottom. Great look, sybil:) Hope you had fun at the party!

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    Hello Friend, I love love love your blog, it‘s very interesting!!! I really like your style!! i‘ll visit you many times for sure honey.

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh!! you look SO cute with that forever 21 tunic! it suits you perfectly! and you look SO good--you've lost some weight no??!! wahh help me!!!!!!!!! and your hair looks so straight and long!!! :D

    ahaha, we all have those nostalgia days when we look back and are like "aww look how great that day was...but what the heck was i wearing...?!?!" hehe (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww yoou look so CUTE tho'!
    I miss miss those days also!!! I just cannot believe how time passed, its been *toot* *toot* years since I celebrated mine but no fancy big celebrations tho' since I opted for a small gathering cause at the time I just moved here in US.

    Great memories tho huh?
    Come play Monday matters at www.mrszeus.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for getting to wear your new black and white dress. and omg, your debut looks amazing! and so pink! :P i especially love that shrine for your cake haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ancient digicam? i had film camera when i turned 18! holy crap...i'm old. (ate karen)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ hellokittiekat: it's like sweet sixteen but celebrated when you're 18. hahaha! does that even make sense? but yeah, it's a coming of age kind of party.. :)

    @ jasmine: oh dear.. it's probably just the straight hair, but i dont feel like i lost weight. thanks for saying it though.. :) im still working on that goal! teehee!

    @ ate karen: aaahh!!! you're here! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HELLO THERE ADORABLE. Although pink isn't my favourite you look too adorable for words dear <3 I looooove that skirt though, share? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha. i know what you mean! i have a lot of young friends and they all seem to be so energetic. i can't keep up! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwww you look so cute and congrats to your bf's cousin!

    ReplyDelete

comment and come back next post. you might be comment of the day!

i'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails